Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Tagged

I have been tagged by Taryn! I am supposed to come up with 7 random things about myself. Pretty much everything about me is random :) But here we go....

1. I am so excited that my best friend from high school, Marie, who I have been terrible at keeping in touch with for the last 12 years or so (how long have you been married Marie?) has started to blog! Lately I've been wishing for more of her influence, to remind me of the idealistic and creative person I once was. And so far, her blog has not disappointed!

2. I am allergic to raw vegetables, and some raw fruit. Okay, so I've neve been officially diagnosed, but when I eat them, my gums swell up and my whole mouth starts itching like crazy. Especially in the back of my throat, where I can't reach. Probably not life-threatening, but annoying enough that I have a very hard time motivating myself to eat my 5 a day.

3. I don't like Halloween. I think I'll do a whole post on this soon. Party-pooper, I know.

4. I am TERRIBLE at thinking on my feet. The worst example I can think of was when someone asked me how much Grace cost (yes, you read that right--like I went to Walmart and picked her off the shelf). I stared at them blankly for about an eternity before uttering this snappy response, "That's kind of personal." Go, Julie!

5. I have just discovered Charlie and Lola, and I love them! I can have the theme song stuck in my head all day and not mind a bit. I love the style of the animation, love their accents, love their brother/sister interactions, love the imagination. An imaginary friend named Soren Laurensen? How lovely!

6. This week I completely filled the hard drive on my computer. I was in the middle of downloading pictures, and I got this message about the destination drive being full. That is 70 gigs of stuff. Rob claims it's all my stuff. Ummm, maybe. So I guess I know what we're getting for Christmas. In my own defense, it has taken 4 whole years to accomplish this, and our computer is out of date anyway!

7. I am terrible with numbers. It's like I'm dyslexic with them. Especially 4s and 7s. Just today, I saw a 47 and said seventy-four. I can't add anything with 7s or 8s in my head. Have to use my fingers. I can't remember dates, phone numbers, or addresses. They fall right out of my brain. Times are also a problem. However, I had a miraculous high school calculus teacher who managed to help me pass the AP calculus test, which was one of my proudest moments :)

So now I'm supposed to tage 7 other people. I think that is about how many people read my blog, so if you're reading this, you're tagged. Ha!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh my goodness, isn't Charlie and Lola the best thing on TV? I love them. That show is solid gold.

Marie said...

Surely this is the first time I've been #1 on any sort of a list and I love it! Thanks for nudging me into the blogging world, Jules. It's fun to discover that I still have something to say!