Thursday, October 11, 2007

A child's eyes

Today Grace was looking out the front window and she started saying "there are flowers! Look at the flowers!" I couldn't figure out what she was talking about, but then realized she was pointing at the maple tree across the street that is starting to turn yellow and orange. I love the image! I was going to take a picture of the tree, but the camera was out of batteries. So here is a picture of the eyes of my clever girl.

And while we're on the subject of Grace, let me tell you how the words "nap time" bring out her creativity and charm. Also, her ability to totally read me. Today she talked me into 5 more minutes outside, then laid out her blanket on the grass and said she wanted to lay down and look at the sky. But she wanted a blanket to cover her. And a pillow. Right HERE (pointing). How could I say no to looking at the sky? Plus it was perfect picture weather. So here is Grace in her makeshift bed on the lawn, and we got to look at the sky together.



And play with leaves... Boy do I love my girl!

No comments: