Sunday, January 25, 2009

FAQ

Grace has started asking the question that seems to be on everybody's mind: Are we having more kids? Although, Grace asks if there's another baby in my tummy and tells me that we need more boys, while other people tend to phrase it, "So are you done?" And believe me, Rob and I have asked ourselves and each other this question.

Here is the answer: We don't know. So far, all of the kids have come in their own way and their own time, and never at the time we had in mind. And that has worked out pretty well.

Deep down, I think we are not done. Maybe it's just hard to kick the habit of wanting to be pregnant. But I've already magically forgotten the hard parts, and have started to get jealous of all those cute little bellies and sweet floppy newborns at church.

We will wait and see what God has in store for us!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

In order to not get irritated by this question from others I try to convince myself that instead of asking "Are you done?" what they really mean to say is, "You are such a terrific mom, you do it all, your kind, involved, social, loving,....blah blah (all the things a mother wants to be) you really MUST have more children to set an example for all of us who are sitting on the fence wondering if its possible for us to grow our families.

Anyway that is what I say to myself. Probably because that is the reason I ask other people...that and if I'm considering it...I don't want to go it alone.

Gwen

[alisar] said...

The fact that you are even entertaining the idea of more kids after all you have been through - speaks volumes.

I loved talking with you last night. Can't wait to see the real deal on Saturday. Thank heavens for the Super Bowl.

Jackee said...

I never understood why people ask. Why do people think reproduction is public doman? Do people want the full details and the play-by-play or are they out to justify their own actions? So I never ask or think about it because it's none of my business, ya know?

Jill T said...

I feel like I could have written this post myself...

Krista Cook said...

I love this post, Julie. I can't think of anyone better to have children. :) Enjoy the craziness and pure joy!

Krista

Megan B ♥ said...

I pray that he has beautiful adventures waiting for your awesome family!

Sue Jackson said...

Wow!!!That makes Bob and I happy!