Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lower standards


This was our Christmas card picture this year. I still have a few cards left, so if you didn't get one, I apologize, and I'll send you one if you want. But now that you know what it looks like, I'm sure you're glad you didn't get one! Ha! I had all our addresses stored on a computer that died, and so I pretty much sent cards to relatives and people who sent us a card with a return adress on it :) That doesn't mean I wasn't thinking about other dear friends!
Anyway, we didn't have much of a chance for a family picture after Sam was born and it didn't seem right to leave him out, so this is what we got. Me in a swimsuit with frizzy just-went-snorkeling hair and no makeup. Does anything make hair look worse than snorkeling??? Why oh why didn't I throw on a t-shirt? And then there's Grace sticking her tongue out. Lately she just refuses to look at the camera, or makes a weird face. I like this one because it's a pretty genuine expression, even though it's not very polite. The other 3 look cute, so 3 out of 5 isn't bad. Right? I will try to do better next year.
Happy New Year to all!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I love your family picture! You ALL look good!

[alisar] said...

This picture is a perfect way to capture life with three kids. I'm impressed you snapped it.
I miss you!

Jackee said...

We can all only do what we can do--and YOU do wonderfully! We liked the picture, it was very casual and avant garde. :)

Almost better than denim jackets. Denim jackets I hear are very cool to take a picture in. :)

Megan B ♥ said...

I think it's a perfect picture and the tongue is my most favorite-est part! :)