Sunday, February 8, 2009

Vacation week

Rob had a week of vacation this last week. It was so wonderful to have him home!


Here's a quick overview of what we did. We took a little roadtrip to Pittsburgh to hang out with our good friends from medical school, who we miss terribly. It was so fun to hang out with them! Huge thanks to the Ringgers for housing and feeding us! We were so busy talking and eating delicious Super Bowl food, we couldn't be interupted to take pictures. But I really wish I had one of the boys playing rock band. Instead, here's an old picture from our most incredibly fun trip to Hawaii, right after med school.


Then we went with the Reynolds to an indoor water park, and spent the night, which was great fun for the kids.







When we got home, we got right to work on the bathroom. I cannot tell you how happy the "new" bathroom makes me! As Rob said, and I have to agree, the old bathroom was so ugly, I had just stopped looking at it. In addition to how ugly it was just on its own, I decided to start the project a year or so ago and started ripping down wallpaper, but then never got back to it, so there was a swath of missing wallpaper down the main wall. Classy. I don't know if you can tell from these pics just how bad the wallpaper was.








Here's the new look. The pictures aren't very good, but oh well. I am so glad I decided to spring for the new shower curtain, even though we didn't technically need it. I feel like the green is minimized, since we are just not going to tackle it.




5 comments:

[AnnieR] said...

Wow! The bathroom looks fantastic! And I think the shower curtain really adds a lot, so good job.

And thank you for not posting the picture of me you took at the water park. I kind of lost sleep over that one.

It was SO good to see you guys! ...til next time...

Ryan said...

The bathroom looks great! Nice Work!

Naomi said...

Pretty!

Jackee said...

Ugh... remodeling bathrooms is not fun, but soooo wonderful when you're done! Glad you guys got to have a little vacation.

Megan B ♥ said...

I'm so impressed with your Home Depoting. Very nice! And congrats on the family getaway. I'm so ready for a little vacay myself!