Monday, August 4, 2008

Viv's sealing


This post is a week late, but Rob and I were sealed to Vivian last Saturday in the Detroit temple! It was an exciting and busy weekend as all of our families came to town. We were so glad everyone (almost) could make it! We know it was a sacrifice for people to make the quick trip. On Sunday we blessed Viv, and Rob's brother Jared blessed their new baby, Tanner. So it was wonderful that Rob's whole family could be there for both of those blessings.


It was wonderful to be in the temple, and it was so amazing to be there with Grace and Vivian! I've said it before, but I really feel lucky that we have been able to actually physically go with the girls to be sealed, and not just have them "born in the covenant." Being in the temple with them is a great experience. I will kind of miss that with this upcoming baby. Grace did really well with being reverent while she was in the temple. Vivian did not like having to hold still during the ceremony! But it was still great to be there together and to know that our family is forever. I had been kind of stressed out right until we got to the temple, but once we got inside, my perspective came back and a wonderful calm came over me :) That's one reason why I love the temple.


Vivian's blessing was beautiful. I love that Rob is so in tune with the Spirit, I always feel like what he says is really what Heavenly Father wants said. She was blessed with a bright and shining testimony, which I loved. I feel like if she has that, everything else in her life will fall into place. And then she was blessed to be a good influence on her "brothers and sister" which completely threw me for a loop and I don't remember anything else after that :)

6 comments:

Julie M. said...

Guess we know you'll get another boy sometime! :) Congrats! Her blessing was beautiful, and I loved her dress! And I keep meaning to tell you, but I love your highlights!

Marie said...

Julie- What a great picture! What a great blessing the temple and families are.

(I wish I could look half that good pregnant by the way!)

Jessie Riley said...

I love this picture. So So sweet!

You guys are a beautiful family.

Christina said...

Brothers? Oh, I hope so! Congratulations!

Kerri said...

how wonderful to be sealed in the temple...we are so happy for you and so glad we found you via blogs! Congrats on the soon to come boy, how blessed you are!

Jackee said...

I love the picture too--the perfect family. It's so awesome to see you living your dreams now.