Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Third trimester

When other people are pregnant, I always feel like they are prego forever. I'm one of those annoying people who are like, "When are you due again?" When what I really mean is, "Haven't you had that kid yet, you've been pregnant forever?" But my own pregnancy has gone SO fast. I still haven't wrapped my head around it yet, and I am starting to feel like I'm not prepared for a baby. I mean, psychologically I don't think I will be until it happens. But physically, I haven't done much of anything. We have a crib (thanks to Naomi!) but I haven't done much else. Finally took a childbirth class, but haven't done the hospital tour. All that jazz.


I am starting to feel very third-trimester-ish, though. You know, big as a house, swollen everywhere. This child is apparently getting ready for the Olympic gymnastics try-outs in my abdomen and when I bend over, he lets me know he is squished by kicking me in the ribs. This is really the biggest challenge, because with Viv around, I have to bend over a lot. Also, carrying her and Bert around gets really tiring. In general, everything is tiring. I feel exhausted most of the time. Just getting the girls dressed leaves me feeling ready for a nap. The other day I had to go downstairs for something and I nearly started to cry. I know that sounds insane. And actually the most tiring part of the week is going to church. At home, Viv can crawl wherever and it's fine. At church, I have to keep her squirmy self entertained, which means lots of down and up, and pulling her out of other people's diaper bags, and picking up a million cheerios and dropped toys, etc. off the floor. And I really can't bend over from a sitting position without spreading my legs all the way out to make room for my stomach. In a skirt, this does not work. So I have to get all the way up, try to gracefully squat between benches, then haul myself off the floor, sometimes while also holding a 20-lb. baby. It's just a spectacle, I'm sure.

Alright, this is getting really boring! Bottom line is: the next 2 months will be a challenge. But I'm up for it.

Also, I have a goal to get a picture of my large self on a day when I've combed my hair and put on makeup :) But for now, I toss my pride to the wind and post this lovely picture, taken with the timer and the camera propped between a couple of paint cans!

5 comments:

Julie M. said...

Oh Julie! I think you are the cutest pregnant lady! I'm sorry if you get sick of me always bugging you. But I really do adore you! Just think, you could be an elephant...they are pregnant 23 months! YIKES!

Becca said...

Oh my goodness, look at that cute belly! I am so excited to see you in a few days. Just think, ONLY 2 more months, right? You've already made it this far. We love you so much!

Betsy said...

I love the visual of you spreading your legs to bend over to make room for the belly. That doesn't exactly make me want to be pregnant again! But, I must say you look adorable, and I'm excited for you!

Serena said...

Jules you look great!!! I can't believe that you are already in your 3rd tri! That seemed to fly by. But I can't believe my little Gwendolyn is almost 3 months either. When you get close to your due date, stop keeping track of the days left - it all slows waaay down,especially if your due date comes and goes uneventfully ;)

Melody said...

Your such a cute pregnant lady! I can't believe 3rd trimester already. I'm the opposite, others pregnancy's go by fast and mine drags. And I agree with Serena in the fact time slows way down as the due date nears and then sometimes passes you on by. But with all the cheerio squatting you'll probably be early :) Any names yet?