Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ramblings

Today I saw a scooter parked on the side of the road, and it transported me back in time. I could feel the sun on my arms and wind in my hair. It was amazing how vividly physical it was, especially considering that it's been 10 years since I rode a scooter! And it wasn't even my scooter, a kind friend loaned it to me until I could buy a car. I hadn't thought about that friend for a long time....

I am not one to live in the past at all. Maybe because I am living the life I always wanted. Some days I wonder why I wanted it :) Things haven' turned out the way I expected and it is not perfect or without challenges. But I have 2 great kids and a wonderful husband. I get to stay at home with them and watch them grow every day. I have everything I need, and lots of things that I want. We have hope for a good future.

I have lots of good memories. Most of them are simple, like the feel of the sun on my arms. My life has not been in any way remarkable, but I think I've muddled through okay. I have definitely come a long way, and I still have a long way to go to becoming the kind of person I would like to be. I'm content with my life.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I loved your ramblings. Good, good post.

Melody said...

When I get a moment to contemplate life it just amazes me too how things turn out. Not like I'd 'dreamed'way back in High School, so so so much better! I'm glad Heavenly Father helps guide us to be better than we ever thought possible. Sorry, now you got me rambling :)