Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Icky week

If you have a weak stomach, or are just sick of me providing too much information, please stop reading now. I know I have got to stop posting about bodily functions and other gross things. But someday, when the kids are all grown up, won't I want to remember times like this? Won't I look back and miss these days? Maybe not.....
We have been hit with our second round of stomach flu this year--my least favorite thing in the whole wide world. Thank goodness only one vomit per child, but that is more than enough. Now, if this is too disgusting, please tell me and I will delete it..... but I find it kind of funny, and very telling about Grace. I actually thought that she had made it through without any yakking, but when I went to get a pot out of the cupboard today, there was a strange kind of liquid on the bottom. I was looking and looking at it, trying to figure out where on earth it had come from and said out loud, "What is this???" Grace was at the table, and helpfully answered, "I spit up, I was looking for a bowl." Alrighty, then. Guess it didn't bother her too much.
Another highlight was the evening that Vivian had her "monkey" moment in the crib. All I will say is this: I walked in the room, and there was Viv, clinging to the side of the crib wailing, and for some reason one cheek was brown (along with the sheets, crib rails, bumpers, etc.). Heaven help me.
And, to top it all off, today my toenail fell off, which totally grosses me out. Pulling off your own toenail is as bad as having to pull a loose tooth. ICK!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Whoa. That's all really gross. What an blicky thing to have to deal. I hope it passes quickly. And Graces is hilarious.

Unknown said...

Oh Julie, you do have some interesting moments with Miss Grace! It is pretty funny though. I'm sorry you guys are going through feeling yucky again. Hope you're all better soon!

Jackee said...

Don't you think children's orifices should come with warning labels? Yesterday Isaak decided to have diarrhea all over his church clothes--along with my car, my dress, his socks, legs, etc. And of course I had just cleaned out the car from our 4th of July trip and had nothing to put on him. Lovely.

Grace sounds hilarious. It's just like something Kass would have done. :)

BTW, did Rob have a good birthday? Tell him happy birthday, old man, from us....