Saturday, May 3, 2008

It's a.....

After this last preisthood session at conference, Rob came home and declared that we need to have 3 boys so that he can go to Preisthood with them. It looks like we are going to be a third of the way there :) We are thrilled! Little Bert gave us a pretty clear view, so it seems pretty certain. Wow! We also saw him yawn, wave, and stretch. He appears to have all his limbs, etc., but we will get the official report next week. It is still kind of hard to believe there is another person inside my belly. This made it seem much more real. Frankly, I am scared of little boys, having never spent more than a couple of hours with any of them. It's hard to imagine myself as a mom of a boy right now--I know nothing about sports, tractors, or any other boy stuff! But we were kind of hoping for a boy (thinking ahead to the teenage years...) so we are excited!

Now that we know the gender and have some pictures, we decided to tell Grace that there is a baby in my tummy. I was nervous that she would be all confused, but she was very excited! She made her adorable excited/surprised face, with her eyes and mouth wide open. Then when we told her she could talk to the baby in there, she loved it. She started peering into my belly button and said she could see him in there. Now she can't wait for him to pop out! She keeps asking when he's coming. She talks to my stomach all the time now, and it even gets some kisses. It is the sweetest thing ever.

11 comments:

Marie said...

I have spent a good portion of my morning retrieving a jammed bullet from a nerf gun, cleaning up the mud that was tracked in from pre-breakfast skatebording, and tripping over Rescue Heroes. Boys are a whole new ball game- but tons of fun! Congratulations!

[alisar] said...

A boy????? What incredible, wonderful news! That is just what your family needs! Congratulations!!!!! I'll bet Rob is thrilled to have someone to go to Priesthood session with and Father/Son campouts, etc. Too cool!

Unknown said...

I am so stinkin' excited for you!! Like I told you the other day, you'll never have a clean toilet again!! :) Boys are absoluetly fun!! Now WE need to have a girl!

Serena said...

Awh I am so excited for you! Isn't it amazing to see a sweet little baby moving around inside you?! Glad to hear that he is doing well! How fun to have a boy, you get to shop for totally new stuff now! :)

I am still waiting for our little Gwendolyn to make her grand entrance, hopefully she doesn't wait too far past her due date.

Betsy said...

I LOVE ultrasounds! It makes it all so much more real doesn't it! I am with you on the whole being scared of boys thing =0), but you'll have so much help from the big sister's you won't know what to do with yourself =0). Yeah!

Annie said...

This is so exciting! A BOY. Wow. That is so great.

Bert, eh?

Jackee said...

Congrats! Oh, how cool! I thought I never would know what to do with a boy either, but it comes to you. But be prepared to lose weight fast--because you have to run to keep up with them! ...Bert? Is that the last option in the whole line of Roberts? Ha, Ha. :)

RicAnn said...

Julie-
I am so excited for you to have a boy! They are so fun! I hope you don't mind me poking in everyonce in a while.

RicAnn

LCFrohm said...

Hey Julie-
You might not remember me, but I found your page through Julie Berg's. I'm glad it's not private (as a lot of girls have gone) so I could catch up on ya'll life.
I can't believe how big Grace is. I remember you at a picnic with her in a sling.
Vivian is so beautiful! Ya'll have been truly blessed with such gorgeous girls.
And now - the wonderful adventure of a BOY! They are crazy. Full of energy. Getting into everything in a moments notice. BUT - you've just got yourself a permenant boyfriend. He will love you and think you're beautiful. It's great!
CONGRATS! I can't wait to hear more of what's going on in ya'lls life.
Lindsay
www.frohmfamily.blogspot.com

Melody said...

Boys are great! With your girls around it should tame the ruff and tumbleness. Also, if they get dirty with that short hair a quick shower is no problem. Picture days, piece of cake. I am so excited for you.

Abbigail said...

I love Grace! seriouusly, can I just keep her? Kitty and her already make great friends! so cute!