Monday, May 19, 2008

Rob gets to say "I told you so"

For the last few months, every time I look in the mirror and Rob is home, I whine to him about how awful my skin is. It is zitty, wrinkly, and bumpy. Just all around bad. I complain for the millionth time that he should have gone into Dermatology. And Rob tells me the problem is that I use too many products.

This is my usual "beauty" routine, which I don't think is that over the top:
  • Morning: blackhead-clearing scrub, moisturizer with SPF
  • Night: Make-up remover, anti-acne soap, anti-acne astringent, super duper wrinkle free night-time moisturizer, and some Clearasil on the worst spots
He goes on to (self-righteously?) epxlain that he only washes his face once a day with Dove soap, and that's what I should do too. And I roll my eyes.

So finally, mostly just to prove to him how very right I am, I agreed to try it for a week. I was sure I would look like this, and it would serve him right to have to look at me:



So, for one week my "beauty" routine has been this:

  • Morning: moisturizer with SPF (and sometimes I splash my face with water first)
  • Night: Dove soap and makeup remover

The week is over, and guess what? I think my face actually looks better. Not perfect, but better. Certainly not like Miss Stain-on-her-shirt there. I'm amazed! And I'm publicly admitting, yes Rob, you were right.

This is great--it's saving me time and money. But I'm not throwing out all my "products" yet, just in case :)

6 comments:

Rob said...

I'm right. There's a first time for everything.....in my own defense, all I said was that all I use is Dove soap and my skin isn't any worse than yours......

Betsy said...

I had to scroll down as quickly as I could to get past that picture.....You must have all the time in the world now that you gave up that skin regimen =0). I hate zits....weren't those suposed to go away with puberty!

[alisar] said...

I tried this same experiment several months ago because Chad has the same regime as Rob and his skin always looks great. I didn't have so much luck - it's just break out city in my town. Waaa!

Annie said...

Whoever told me when I was a tween/teen that my skin would clear up when I was an adult was a LIAR. My complexion is worse now than it ever was in junior/high school.

I actually tried this as well, but with Cetaphil and I don't know...I can't tell. It's always just...bad.

Jackee said...

Sorry if I sound like stupid Jessica Simpson, but I love that Proactiv (and the kind like it that's safe for pregnant women, AcneFree). Fortunately, you can buy the AcneFree in stores now. Those two things are the only systems that work on my horrible skin.

P.S. Dove? Really? How very manly... just kidding, Rob.

Melody said...

Here's a super tip someone gave me once during a period of very bad skin outbreaks. Vitamin b-6 daily and zinc. Also, drinking carrot juice(or eat a handful of baby carots a day) will do wonders! All natural so Rob won't bug you about the chemicals :)