Saturday, June 14, 2008

Body parts are dropping like flies

First to go was my waist, of course. But it has been reincarnated as a huge, pulsating mass around my middle, which I am pretty much obsessed with. I don't even notice how my face looks any more because any time I'm in front of the mirror, I'm staring at my belly. This is good, because the next to bite the bullet was my chin. Actually, it's now more like 3 chins, directly connecting my jaw to my ribs. So I'd rather pretend they aren't there. And, now that it's hot out, my ankles have bought the farm. I really miss them. And finally, my belly button is circling the drain. I guess I won't miss it too much, but I had gotten used to having it around. Sayonara, old buddy. Sayonara.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Your belly button will be forever changed. Before kids, I had a pretty cute one. It was like a dime slot; just a line. After kids, it's like this hollowed out circle thing. I'm pretty sure I've lost things in it.

More pictures of you, please.

[alisar] said...

Next thing to go is the mind...

Melody said...

Just wait until you've nursed 4 kids and have to buy a bra in the kids department Ü