Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hot tip: Buy stock in Clorox

Well, the time has finally come. I've been planning on it since the beginning of the summer, but there have been lots of reasons not to. Vacations, a new baby, a broken toilet seat. (PS, you CAN still find toilet seats to match retro avocado green toilets!) We're going to try potty training. So far, we're going about it all backwards. Grace pooped on the toilet yesterday, on her second time sitting on the loo. Good for her! I always heard that was the hard part. Now I just need to figure out how to get her to pee! I've tried running the water while she sits there. Dipped her hands in warm and cold water (isn't that an old camp prank?). Evoked images of waterfalls. No luck. But then again, this is only day 2. I hope that soon I will be posting a picture of Dora panties! Wish us luck :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK!!! Brigham did it with getting a small sticker when he went potty and a big sticker when he pooped. We also did skittles every time he'd just sit and actually try and push something out. It worked wonders!

Melody said...

We put Taft on the potty the other day and he sat down for all of 10 seconds then stood up and said, "Mom, potty's not working". I think I'll leave him in diapers and let peer pressure take over eventually :) Good luck with it all!
ps. Thanks for your comments on my blog, it's fun keeping in touch like this.

[alisar] said...

Grace did awesome while she was here. I honestly forgot that you were in the throes of potty training. Was she in panties the whole time??? She must be a smarty pants.
Little Viv is so sweet. I think she has the most beautiful hair I have ever seen.
I have had the lightest feeling in my heart since this weekend. It is such a joy to be around you and your family. Thank you so much for filling our house with your wonderful spirits. :)

Julie said...

Alisa, you are sweet! We had a wonderful time. I'm sure I don't even realize how much work it must have been to have us all there.

Grace is a smarty pants, but not a potty prodigy, I'm afraid :) We are taking a break from the potty training for the week. Between traveling for one Thanksgiving celebration and getting ready for houseguests for another, we are not pushing the potty. In fact, with all the holidays, I think I may have picked the worst possible time of year for this!!! I heart diapers -- for now.