Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Kentucky twins

Last week my car went on the fritz, and seeing as I don't know anyone for 2 states around to come pick me up if it died completely, I took it to the shop immediately. The guys at this place were very helpful, and one of them ended up bringing me and the girls home when it turned out they needed to keep the car overnight (of course).

This is how he started out the small talk in the car: "Yeah, I have kids. Two 14 year old boys who aren't related to each other except through me."
Me: "Not related?"
Him: "Yeah, they have 2 different moms, but it happened the same night. I was the bouncer in a bar, their moms are best friends. When the first one told me, I was okay with it, but then when the other one came to me, I was like, you gotta be kidding me. Is that even possible? But there you go. My boys, they're like twins except they don't look like each other. Now they're in Texas with their moms, but my wife's okay with it."

Wow.

3 comments:

Veronica Reeve said...

Hooray!! I'm so glad I got an invite! Julie that story sounds like something in a movie....you'll have to elaborate more on where you guys are living...yikes!

[alisar] said...

Jules, Thank goodness you took the initiative to start your own blog. I've had a plan to bully you into it during your Thanksgiving trip. You've just saved yourself a lot of misery, my friend! I'm already a huge fan of this blog due to the feet pictures of your girls. I'm no photographer myself, but I'm going to post you a little something special on my blog (today or tomorrow). So exciting, I know. Okay, I'm expecting a fairly frequent Julie fix now so keep up the blogging! It is amazing how important the little things become when you take a minute to write them down. I love it - I hope you do too. Loves, A

Annie said...

Kentucky sounds like a magical place. A magical, magical place.