Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tooting my own horn

Ha ha ha, I've had a photo published! It is so totally random, I have to laugh. It's an old pic, and they totally cropped out Grace. But it's definitely her chubby little hands :) I took this picture a day or so after I got my new camera, when I was just taking pics of anything and everything. The website found it on Flickr, and since I didn't copyright it, all I get out of it is my name underneath. And the chance to toot my own horn on my blog!
http://www.parenting.com/activity-parties-gallery/Activities-Parties/
Play-List-Quick-and-Easy-Activities/5

10 comments:

Katherine said...

Toot Toot! Silly magazine shouldn't have cropped out Grace - she should be on their cover!

I have to ask you what kind of camera you have and what you like/don't like about it. I've been asking everyone because mine is beyond needing to be replaced. Shoot me an email when you get the chance.

Marie said...

Very cool! Congratulations! Want to come to NJ and do a photo shoot?

Unknown said...

Very awesome Julie! Congrats and how fun!! We miss you!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! You do take very good pictures.

So can you just put "cc" on your pictures to copyright them?

Julie said...

Kathy, Actually they are automatically copyrighted unless you specify that you don't want them to be. You can put them under a creative commons license and then other people can use them. Which I did :)

Christina said...

Cool picture, I could actually tell that was Grace's hand. As we were leaving the house today for something, Abbie asked if we were going to Gracie's house to play. She misses Grace and we miss you. Hope all is well and give us a call when you get back home!

Jill T said...

Congratulations! How fun to see your photo published...and very cool they found YOU.

Mandy said...

Hi Julie! How are you! I love your blog! I think about you all the time and I hope you are recovering! Hope to talk to you soon!

Jessie Riley said...

TOOT away. And... those are DARN cute CHUBBY hands.

Melody said...

Cute little hands! You should get Grace to autograph a copy for you :) Hey are you going to be in Utah over Thanksgiving? It would be great to see you and meet all your new little people if you are, let me know.