Thursday, March 13, 2008

The nitty gritty

So, now the word is out, here are some of the thrilling details :) My due date is Sept. 13, which is about 2 weeks after Viv's first birthday. Thank goodness they're at least a year apart! I have been really lucky--I haven't been sick at all. Really tired, and I have had other stomach issues, but I will take pretty much anything over morning sickness! Also, I have bad zits. In fact, there's a huge one on my chin that has been there for at least 6 weeks. And I don't know if this is pregnancy related, but I am SOOOOO sick of poop! I swear my children have some kind of crazy superpower that shoots all of it out of their diapers immediately. I thought I was used to all the diaper changing, but suddenly I find it really disgusting again. Which brings me to my worst symptom: permanent PMS, which has made this a really bad time to try to potty train! But I think I'm getting a little better.

Mostly, I'm just still getting used to the whole idea, slowly coming out of denial. It seems very unreal, even though we've seen the heartbeat and all. I am excited, but mostly very very aware that I have a big challenge coming! I should be used to not having any control over when children join our family, but this hit me so out of the blue! When I think about how fun it will be a few years down the road when they can all walk and feed themselves and sleep through the night, then I get excited ;)

The other strange thing is people's reactions. Like just yesterday I went to my OB appointment, and I took Viv with me. We were in waiting room, and I was holding Viv. The nurse called my name, I looked right at her and acknowledged I had heard her, then started gathering my bags, blankets, bottles, etc. She said, "Julie Jackson?" I said yes. She was like, "Oh, usually people with tiny babies aren't here for .... you know." Ummmm, yes, I know.

8 comments:

Serena said...

During the first 1/2 of pregnancy there were definitely smells that would bother me, like pork chili verde, roasted meats, etc. Your sense of smell will be much more sensitive so stuff that never bothered you before will suddenly totally gross you out. For me it slowly goes back to normal in the 2nd/3rd trimester.

For me it was all worth it once I finally felt her moving. It seemed so surreal until then, and sometimes still does. And we still totally worry about her and probably will until she's here and gets a clean bill of health. She and Viv will end up being best buddies!

You'll have to let Rob take pics of your baby bump as it grows! I've only taken one set, I need to be better for the remaining 6 wks I have.

Annie said...

I am so mad that I'm missing this. If you don't post belly pictures, will you at least email me some?

[alisar] said...

Is it okay for me to predict a gender already? I can't get the image of three red-headed girls out of my head.

Angela said...

Oh, Julie--I hear ya on the tiredness and zitti-ness (is that a word?). Things really do tend to get better 2nd tri, though. I actually even thought 3rd trimester was easier than 1st last time--less tired.
I still can't believe how close in age Viv and the baby will be. Like you said--hard for you for the first couple years, but so fun for them!
We're also excited for the gender news!

Jackee said...

I'm just so happy for you, Julie. I wish we could see you and meet all these new little people. Maybe someday... Best of luck!
(P.S. Wear a hankerchief over your nose during diaper changes... you feel stupid, but whatever helps.)

Betsy said...

Yeah Julie! I can imagine your uneasiness about having such close babies, but still....I'm very excited for you, and excited I found your blog- Betsy

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wasn't sure if I was reading someone's april fools joke but Wow! Ryan and his bro are 10 months apart and he loved it...so much so that he is always asking me if I want our kids to be closer. His mom had 3 kiddies in 2 years and loved it too...I'll wait until I can get a second opinion. So keep me posted.

Gwen

Abbigail said...

Julie,
I am so happy and surprised with the news! I will be there with you all the way. You helped me through the tough times and I want to help when your little one arrives. We are all so happy and shocked by the news. have fun in FL!
XXXXX