Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fragile

Last week was full of bad news. Lots of people around us seem to have spent time in the hospital last week. One friend is still there, and has had some close calls. Most shockingly, we received news that Vivian's birthmother passed away, apparently from complications from an outpatient surgery. She was so young, and apparently healthy, and seemed to be recovering normally. It has been a reminder that life is fragile, that it can change in an instant. A reminder to count my blessings. And that you never know when you will have your last chance to say thank you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Julie, I don't even know what to say about Viv's birthmom. I'm sorry I guess is the least I can say. Hope things are looking better for you this week.

Love,
Taryn

[alisar] said...

I'm so sorry about your trials. We've been having some on our end too. All I can say is that I'm looking forward to fast Sunday this week - I need a day to commune with the Lord. Wishes of peace to you!

Annie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Julie. I don't even know what to say. Hug your babies. That's what I'm going to say.