Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Word to the Wise

We just got our new computer today, since the old one not only has a full hard-drive, but 4 days ago, completely stopped working. (sarcastic yay) Uncharacteristically, when I was ordering, I bypassed the FREE keyboard, thinking to myself "The new one will be exactly the same, and I'll feel guilty throwing out the old one, so it will just be annoying clutter." Seemed like the cleanly thing to do at the time. As it turns out, keyboards are connected by USB these days, and the computer doesn't even have a plug thingy (like my technical jargon here?) for the old round kind of doodad. Rarrrrr. So now I have to fork out $15 and wait a few more days for the new keyboard to come before I can use the beautiful, shiny new computer sitting in the office. I know, it's not the end of the world. Thank heavens we have a laptop to use meanwhile. But I hate it when I do something that turns out to be just annoyingly dumb. Now you know.

1 comment:

[alisar] said...

Welcome to my world. At least half of the time I try to be frugal, it ends up costing me more in frustration. Snaps for the effort, though.