Saturday, January 30, 2010

2009, 2010

It seems like just 3 months ago I was posting my new year's resolutions for 2009. And it seems like I start every blog post with "I can't believe how fast time flies." I should just change the name of my blog to "I Know it's a Cliche, but MAN, Time Flies."


So, 2009 was a good year! Everyone healthy, happy, Rob on research. Kind of a boring year, really, but in a good way. I didn't do so hot on my resolutions, no valances or pillows made yet. But now I am doubly committed to sewing them, and I got a sewing machine that works, so that should help :)


Highlights of 2009:


  • Grace loves her new preschool, and so do I

  • I have consistently made all our bread

  • Viv has become quite the chatterbox!

  • Rob called to the bishopric (or is that a lowlight?)

  • Trip to Utah for Jane Anne's wedding and Lake Powell

  • I discover the joy of the thrift store

  • Ripping out the 30-yr old overgrown bushes in front of the house

  • Finally got lights in the living room
Things to look forward to in 2010:
  • Grace starting kindergarten, oh my!

  • Vivian starting preschool, oh my!

  • Sam going to nursery at church, yay!

  • Viv getting potty trained

  • 2 mornings a week with just Sam at home, how strange!

  • New valances :)

  • Hawaii!

  • Moving Viv into Grace's room

Totally unrealistic resolutions for 2010:

  • Become a morning person

  • Organize every square inch of the house

  • Get Vivian to eat vegetables

  • Get myself to eat vegetables

  • Get rid of pooch before Hawaii

  • Have positive attitude about Rob's research year ending

  • Be a better blogger

6 comments:

Abbigail said...

Rob in the bishopric! And those bushes are gone!!!! I may not be able to find your home now! ;) Sounds like things are moving and growing all the time.
Love the update.

Robert Choate said...

Please do not get rid of the ugly tree in the front yard or I won't be able to find your house. Of course I am sure that your neighbors won't have moved their broken down vehicles so there could still be hope.

Jill T said...

Looks like you have a fun year ahead of you!

Christina said...

I agree with Robert, don't get rid of the tree. We love the one week of the year that it's pretty! When are you going to Hawaii? Lucky!

Megan B ♥ said...

I cracked up during this entire post! Love you!

[alisar] said...

I am unspeakably impressed with your bread making. Do you have a bread maker, or do you knead your days away?