Sunday, April 26, 2009

This is what most days look like


Grace: "hey Mom, remember coloring Sam?"

Me: "ummm, not really...."

And then Grace proceeds to empty a few drops of Sam's formula from the bottle into a spoon and "color" Sam's face and head with it.

Also notice how Vivian has all her snaps undone. I cannot keep anything snapped, zipped or velcroed onto that girl these days. I might start shopping at the ghetto Walmart here again, because when we went there the other day, not ONE SINGLE person said to me "Did you know she only has one shoe on?" And I didn't have to say, "Yes, I know, I left it off because I'm so sick of putting her shoes on."

And this is the conversation I have 30 times a day:

Viv: Mom!
Me: What?
Viv: Mom!
Me: What?
Viv: Mom!
Me: What?
Viv: Mom!
Me: What?
Viv: Mom!
Me: What?
Viv: Mom!
Me: What?

I love my kids. That sounds like sarcasm, but it's not :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jackee said...

I so understand. I get the, "What's that?" twenty million times a day. Among other things. But you love them and want them to learn, so what do you do? :)

Mandy said...

Julie! We miss you guys tons! I love the convo with Viv- sounds like mine with Colt! We so need to get together so come visit us!

Jill T said...

Lucas and I have that same conversation every day, Mom, what, Mom, what, etc...I finally started responding "Lucas" and he started saying what: Mom, what, Mom, what, Mom, Lucas, what, Lucas. It was pretty funny.

And I love the girls Easter dresses! Very cute.

Abbigail said...

hilarious. What I hear thirty times a day is "Mom, come see your present.... I go to the blanket on the floor, pull it off and it is Kitty. She says, "meow" and proceeds to play cat for about 15 minutes, then we get to start over. It is happening right now in fact.